Just Space has been working for 9 months towards producing a Community-led Plan for London, or at least key elements of it, to be ready in the early weeks of the new Mayor and Assembly.
Very good progress was made following discussions at community conferences in July 2015 and on 4 February this year. Now, there will be a further conference at UCL on Thursday 28 April to bring together community groups, students and academics with the following aims:
- To share the results of the February conference workshops
- To discuss further work that has been done on the Private Rented Sector, Opportunity Areas, Participation and Inclusion.
- To focus on the following key economic issues:
– Policies to support balanced economic development between London and other regions
– Policies to support a green economy
– The economic evidence base: an analysis of meetings between Just Space Economy and Planning group (JSEP) and GLA Economics
- To mobilise further academic support for the final stages of the work which needs to be completed during May.
- To reflect further on the potential of University students and staff to support community based policy development at a London wide level.
The conference will take place in London WC1 and be free of charge. It is, however, essential to reserve a place here on Eventbrite or if you can’t do that by email to Sue Ansarie who is helping with the organisation. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
More details will be added on JustSpace.org.uk during April. Meanwhile, the tabloid publication produced for the previous conference plus write-ups of workshops and videos of sessions are all available here. This will be specially valuable for those who could not attend in February and want to get up to speed.